Profile pictures have stricter rules than other pictures in your profile. The profile picture is shown throughout the page e.g. on the news or in the search as a preview image. It is your "business card" for other members.
Aside from the guidelines for other pictures (below) these additional rules apply to profile pictures:
- your profile picture must show you (no childhood picture)
- use a portrait picture with good resolution and quality
- your face and eyes should be clearly visible
- no pictures of body parts like eyes, tattoos or upper body
- no group pictures with other people
- sufficiently good quality of the picture (not too bright or dark, sufficient image size)
- no distortions or image filters (line art or similar)
- The pictures in your profile should show you personally and give an insight into your life (e.g. a picture of you with your friends, with your pets or your children)
- Displeasing pictures and pornography are not allowed
- You picture should not violate public morals
- Pictures may not include email addresses, phone numbers, links or other information to initiate direct contact
- Pictures of children are not allowed if no guardian is clearly visible
- Fun pictures, art, comics, trademarks, insignias and similar pictures are not welcome
- No landscape pictures
- Moments do not have such strict rules as profile pictures where you have to be shown on the picture. So you can upload pictures of your car, garden, pets, your hobbies, dream vacation, upload snapshots from the last party or similar.
- Moments are automatically deleted after a certain time
- Not allowed are: Pictures with e-mail addresses, phone numbers, links or other references for direct contact
- Children photos are permitted only if you're seen as a guardian on
- Offensive images and pornography are not allowed
- Your image should not violate public decency
- You should have the necessary rights for the image
- We reserve the right to delete images of poor quality or no real useful content.
Article is closed for comments.